|Why Study Abroad?|
Globalisation has affected the way in which the world and the multinational companies work today. And this has certainly brought a change to the perception of the employers and now there is an increased demand of manpower with cross-cultural competence and cutting-edge technical skills and prolific communication skills.
A research and prediction by Pricewaterhouse Coopers has been released and it has been stated that by the year 2050, the E7 (China, India, Brazil, Russia, Indonesia, Mexico, Turkey) will be more than 50% larger than the G7 countries (the U.S., UK, France, Germany, Italy, Canada, Japan) when measured in terms of GDP at market rates. The National Intelligence Council's "Global Trends Report 2030" has also projected that China will surely surpass the United States as the world's largest economy by 2030. A recent study by the British Council, entitled Culture at Work, shows that employers are under strong pressure to find employees who have both technical knowledge and "soft skills" such as critical thinking, problem solving, time management, and communication, deemed necessary for success in a global workforce.
At the same time, there is a high mismatch in the skills of the graduates today and what employers are looking relentlessly looking for. The Global Risks Report 2014 indicates structurally high unemployment/under employment as one of the top global risks over the next decade. The generations coming to age since 2010 in advanced countries are facing high debts and are not prepared for the workforce.
Studying abroad is one of the best ways in which students can acquire global skills and open up personal and professional opportunities.
Studying abroad is a life-changing experience for many students, it opens up their eyes to different ways of life and helps in promoting understanding and tolerance. By looking at the research on the more directly quantifiable aspects of studying abroad, studies reveal that students who study abroad have better grades, experience less attrition, and graduate from college at higher rates than students who do not study abroad.
Studies abroad are certainly one of the best opportunities that are available to a student to groom his/her career. It is also a privilege and an experience to be relish throughout your personal and professional life.
The benefits from studying abroad include:
- Honing up relevant competency skills – problem solving, communication, patience and perseverance, determination, self-motivation, analytical and study skills.
- Diversified academic courses or subjects to choose from – By enrolling for studies abroad you will get an exposure to a different academic environment and also you will have a plethora of courses to choose from that will eventually lead to the shaping of your career.
- Multitudinal career prospects – Top notch companies prefer to choose from candidates with qualifications from abroad as they are aware that the quality would be unmatchable.
- Multilingual knowledge and culture – You get the opportunity to be divulged and immersed into another culture and the fact that the communication skills are enhanced automatically to a great extent.
- Personality development – Studying abroad also increases the confidence and ability to deal with difficult situations and unfamiliar surroundings as you stay there all by yourself.
- Increased database – With higher education abroad, you get the scope of building worldwide relationships that can last a lifetime and benefit you in years to come.
- Fun and experience – 99% of the students who have studied abroad admit that years abroad were the best year of their lives.
Whether you are already studying abroad or a student aspiring to go abroad, a world of opportunity awaits you, where you can capitalize your qualifications and experiences!
At Ocean English Academy, we know that when you study abroad, you experience life in a way you could never have imagined before. Start preparing yourself to become a global citizen. Meet with our expert today and let your counsellor give you the details of the A-Z procedure of applying for an admission in a foreign University. We have gained a place of repute as an educational consultant with universities abroad and we can certainly make your application process, a cake walk for you. So leave all your worries to us on how to apply abroad for higher studies and let us take care of them while you prepare yourself for IELTS/TOEFL/PTE with us.